Battery-powered ESP8266 beehive scale based on Homie¶
This is the low power battery version of ESP8266 beehive scale based on Homie. The most recent version is available at node-wifi-mqtt-homie-battery.ino. To run this sketch e.g. on the PCB Design from ESP8266-BeeScale.fzz, you should remove and shortout the input polarity protection diode to avoid unnecessary voltage drop. Also you should remove any unnecessary power indicator LED to save a couple of mA. (e.g. on the ESP-07 the red power indicator LED). This will increase battery lifetime a lot.
- Describe how to determine scale’s temperature compensation values.
- Set some custom settings as default, limited at the moment by issue:
- Workaround for ArduinoJson regarding float precision. See also https://github.com/bblanchon/ArduinoJson/issues/566
- Add temperature compensation in gram per degree.
- Add connection error handling to avoid battery drain (WIFI/MQTT Connection issues) Thanks to a broken WIFI and @amotl.
- Disable 3 of 4 default settings due to bug in homie-esp8266
- Make use of onHomieEvent to ensure a clean disconnect from broker before deepSleep
- Implement a battery check, create a low battery alarm topic to notify user and make the ESP sleep “forever”
- All needed settings are now settable via HomieSetting
- Modularized code
- Add versioning scheme
- Add JSON output for hiveeyes.org compatibility